Thursday 2 July 2015

Happy Canada Day!

Hi!
Yesterday was Canada Day!  
We had a nice day at home.  N had spent the night in Summerside at a friend's house, so K picked him up around 1:00.  The electricity was out in Tyne Valley for about an hour from 4:30-5:30.  We'd planned on BBQing hotdogs, so this didn't affect our dinner plans. 
There were no fireworks at Green Park this year so we did our own!
(These are not our fireworks. This is a collage C made!)

I also got a lot of work done yesterday on the front room lockers.
K got the frame built.

And I did the finish work- facing out the front and cutting the doors to fit, 
K helped hang the door.  As you can see we still have one last door to hang.

Here's the space before.

I also cut the boards that the hooks are on to go inside 

Did I mention I got this long 7 foot long by 7 inches wide board with shaker pegs on it for $3, when I got our outdoor table?  I cut it down and got 4 hooks each for 3 lockers.  For the last locker, I used the hooks from N's airplane hooks.  See the blue airplanes above the desk?

We had a leftover 7 inch wide piece of plywood that was the perfect thing to put them on. That board below is the shelf board that needs to be put up...

I also got this 8 foot long board with metal hooks for $3.
I'm taking the hooks off this and putting them on the sides of the lockers. 
Here's one already hung on the wall. (The little black spot inside the locker!)

Here are both "lockers", (with the unhung door placed in).
I really like them!

Now, we have to: fill all the screw holes; paint; put the knobs on the doors; put up the inside shelves; install the side hooks; paint the insides; and build the shoe bench.  Is that all? ;-)

Have a great day! ;-)






No comments:

Post a Comment